Funding Opportunities for
External Research Grants
The mission of the External Research Grants Program for Investigators is to support the advancement of scientific knowledge regarding Boehringer lngelheim’s products and therapeutic areas of interest, through support of original research proposals in areas of scientific interest to Boehringer lngelheim.
The External Research Grants Program is offered to all academic and community-based scientists, individually or through consortia. This program allows investigators to submit proposals for consideration where they may independently execute research as Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) or work collaboratively with Boehringer lngelheim in External Collaborative Research (ECR) to execute their research.
- Boehringer lngelheim does not assume regulatory responsibility for either type of external research
- Investigators serve as Sponsor-Investigator for both IIS and ECR studies
- Scope must be aligned with a predefined disease area of interest
- May involve financial support and/or provision of BI drugs or compounds
- Budgets will be subject to fair market value analysis
- Can include interventional or non-interventional designs